Thursday, April 5, 2012

7 Months Old


April 4th 2012 - Jack was 7 months old!  In keeping with tradition, we had our usual monthly photo session.  Ed asked me how long I was planning to take these monthly photos...I told him I thought 100 months would be kinda cool (Jack would be 8 years old.)  As of right now I only have stickers through month 12, but I will likely continue this fun little ritual well past his first year!



Here are Jack's 7 Month Stats:
  1. Height: I don't know - we didn't have a doctor appointment this month so I didn't get that measurement 
  2. Weight: About 19 lbs
  3. Head Circumference: Again I don't know, but he has outgrown all of his 3 month hats
  4. What is Jack doing: Jack is great at sitting up - I feel comfortable walking away now while he is sitting and he is also getting better with tummy time - he pushes all the way up with his arms but he has not figured out how to pull his legs underneath him yet.  He can scoot himself by frantically bouncing while in the sitting position or kicking while laying down.  Just last week he started reaching for me and I gotta say I LOVE that!  He also has his first cold - we made it 7 months without any sickness, but last weekend he developed a runny nose and I have been diligently sucking snot all week!
  5. Where is Jack going: Recently Jack and I have gone to some fun new places!  Jack went to his first movie - we went to the Mommy and Baby Matinee at AMC and we saw Hunger Games (actually I saw the movie, Jack slept through the whole thing which was great!)  We also went to the zoo and the Rodeo in March.  Finally, last weekend, Jack left the great state of Texas for the first time.  We went to Louisiana for a family party and Jack got to meet his great grandpa and a lot of his cousins and aunts and uncles.
  6. What is Jack eating: He still nurses 4 to 5 times a day which I love because he has become very efficient and it is great Mommy and Jack cuddle time.  He also eats 3 solid meals a day.  His favorite foods are apples and sweet potatoes.  Recently it has become evident that does NOT like avocado!  He has also started drinking water from a sippy cup.
  7. What does Jack like to do: He loves to sit on the floor and play with his toys, and of course put everything in his mouth.  He loves to listen to music with Mommy and watch me sing along with the songs.  He still loves his bath time and we recently upgraded him to a larger tub that he can sit up in and play with bath toys.  I think now that it is starting to get warmer we will get a little pool for the backyard and see what fun that will be! 
  8. Other Fun Jack Facts:  He still has no teeth and (almost) no hair!  He absolutely loves his Baby Genius Underwater Adventure DVD!  If I put that DVD on he is content and happy.  We have about 10 other Baby Genius DVDs that I have tried to work into the rotation, but I keep coming back to Underwater Adventure because it is the only one that seems to really get and keep his attention.  He is very inconsistent with his napping (some days he does not nap at all) but when he is tired, he will go to sleep and nothing will stop him - he has fallen asleep twice while bouncing in the jumperoo and once while sitting upright in his high chair eating - with food in his mouth!
 
Happy 7 month old boy!

Funny Faces

Happy Jack
New trick = foot in mouth

Family Photos taken by Laura Gilgen (Gilgen Photography)

(Gilgen Photography)
(Gilgen Photography)
(Gilgen Photography)



No comments:

Post a Comment