Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Skinny Baby Update

It has been one week since my last post and today I weighed Jack again to see what progress has been made.  I am happy to report that he is now up to 13lbs 12.2 oz.  That is a 9.2oz gain from his weight last Tuesday.  While this is a great improvement, it has not come easy.  I had a lactation consultant come out to our house last week to work with us (Jack and I) on all things nursing.  $275 later an action plan was put in place.  This plan consists of nursing and pumping A LOT!  In fact I am pumping as I type this post.  I am also taking a collection of herbal supplements (Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle) the side effect of which is the constant smell of maple syrup...strange but true!  So with what feels like a non stop cycle of feeding and pumping with little sleep in between, I am exhauseted.  I know there is light at the end of this tunnel and I hope we get there soon!   

3 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job baby.... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, now back to happy pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! I loved reading your birth story in your year in review post. :) I never knew what a full time job nursing is until I did it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete