Ed and I celebrated his half birthday by taking him to the pool for the first time. He loves bath time so much I thought surely he will love the pool, and I was right! We only stayed for about 20 minutes, but it was a good first pool experience. Plus he looked so cute in his little baby swim trunks! When he turns 9 months we will start Mommy-Baby swim lessons, just in time for summer!
In honor of his half birthday, we also got him a birthday cupcake. Ed and I ate it on his behalf.
Finally, the culmination of the half birthday, is the pediatrician check up. He did great at his checkup, even though he had to get 4 shots, poor baby!
We have enjoyed every second of Jack's first 6 months and we have so many fun adventures to look forward to as a family. As we enter into the second half of his oh-so-wonderful first year, here are his stats:
- Height: 28.5" (96th percentile)
- Weight: 16 lbs 10 oz (33rd percentile)
- Head Circumference: 17.52" (71st percentile)
- What's new: Rolls over a lot (from his back to his tummy and then gets mad because he is on his tummy); starting to sit by himself; Riding in the stroller like a big boy (no more car seat); screaming, squealing and babbling all the time
- Mealtime: Breastfeeding 5 to 6 times a day & eating solids 2 time a day
- Favorite foods: Pears and bananas
- Favorite Songs: "Trol Ol' Joe" and "Me You We"
- Favorite Activity: Bouncing in the jumperoo