Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I love a good deal!

Every mom knows, babies grow FAST and the window of time when they are able to wear any given size of clothing is small.  The logical thing for us parents to do would be to only buy a few items in each size so that the baby gets plenty of opportunities to wear each garment and you know you "got your money's worth."  But who says parenting involves logic?!  Baby clothes are so darn cute.  It is nearly impossible to resist all the adorable little outfits and accessories available.  When I was a little girl, I loved to dress up my baby dolls, nothing has changed.  I LOVE to dress my baby.  Major difference, my baby dolls never outgrew their clothes.  My baby does!  If it looks cute on the hanger it looks even cuter on Jack...I wish I could say that about my own clothes!  So the end result is a lot of money spent on a closet full of cute clothes, many of which he will only get to wear once or twice (or never at all - I have already packed away a few 0-3 month outfits that he never wore.)  However, today I discovered one way to make this whole issue a little easier to deal with...the resale shop.  My mom and I stopped in to Once Upon a Child (FM 529 & Barker Cypress - right next to LCHS - go Lobos!) and I got some great deals!  The clothes are nice and cute and obviously (big surprise) hardly worn!  And the prices are great!
Baby's First St. Patty's Day outfit = $3.50
3 Ralph Lauren Polos and matching Ralph Lauren shorts, gotta love that preppy baby look!
Cute for spring!
Super soft romper!
Grand total for all items purchased (5 shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of pants and 1 romper) = $46.27
I love a good deal!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I may have to check that out when I go visit my parents next week! It is CRAZY how fast they move up in size! Maddie is only 4 months but already in 6 month pants because she is so stinking tall (over 26 inches already!). Those little Polo outfits are too cute!

    ReplyDelete